Thursday, December 12, 2013

I love to write

Over the years, I have developed for writing. I used to write in a journal every day. I write lyrics and I have about 60 pages of a story that I have been working on the past few months. Maybe the journey that I am meant to take to be a writer. Here is a little bit of the story. I don't know how many people will see this, but I have to put myself out there.
"Denise
“I love him.”
Those were the words that came out of my mouth when I woke up from the dream. I sat up in my bed and pushed my hair back while my eyes adjusted to the sunlight that was coming from between the curtains. After a minute, I hugged my knees to my chest and my mind went over the details of the dream.
I knew it was a dream, but it felt so real. Usually I forget the dreams as soon as I woke up, but this morning I could remember everything. I remembered the warmth from the embrace, how blue his eyes were, the sound of his voice, and the kiss.
Oh, the kiss. I touch my lips and closed my eyes to remember the kiss. I just remember looking in those eyes, him leaning down towards me and gently placing a tender and loving kiss on my lips. That was when the dream ended.
I lay back down and hoping that the dream would resume where it left off. But it was no use, my brain was going a mile a minute and my thoughts were endless. I looked at the clock and it said 5:20. I wasn’t supposed to get up for another couple of hours. I decided that I should go for a run to try to clear my mind and forget about the man how the dream. How could I love somebody that I never met and didn’t even know his name?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment